Thursday, March 16, 2006

Extra! Extra! Read All About It!

What day did I wake up and find myself interested in news? I remember when I was a kid my brothers and I would watch some random sitcom rerun. Three’s Company pops in my mind for some reason. My Mom would come home from work, have her nightly shot of tequila*, “to unwind”, put her purse down (yes sometimes in that order) and then tell us she wanted to watch the news. It happened every night yet every night we would all groan and someone would get off their ass and change the channel. (Yes, kids this was before the remote control!) Soon thereafter we would leave the room. That is my memory of my opinion about news. Today, it seems I can’t get enough of it. I’ve got local news, world news and BBC modules on my Yahoo home page. I check the stock market. Oh wait, let me back up. First thing when I wake up, I turn on Good Day LA. I’ll admit it is more entertainment than news but all lot of why I watch is for traffic and weather. Next is my drive. KFWB news AM 980 is where I’m tuned. I get my fill of LA news for the day. If not that, then I’ve got Air America on. Lately I’ve even been catching a little of the late news before I go to bed. I would think people as a whole would be more tuned in to world events at a time of war. Maybe this is partly why I read and listen so much. Maybe not. Maybe it’s that it’s easier in this day and age to have access to the news. Whenever I’m on a business trip or just staying in a hotel in general, I always absorb the newspaper that is left at my door. Other than that, I never read the paper. I feel like I really don’t have the time, yet I read it online. I guess it just seems more available that way. Well, that and my hands stay clean! By the way, I do miss the San Francisco Chronicle because of that. They were one of the first papers to print on smudge-free paper. You could actually read the entire thing and walk away with clean hands. I never understood why more papers didn’t do that. Didn’t seem to hurt them financially. Just one of my many thoughts for the day. *If I had to come home to four kids after a hard day at work I know I’d be shooting something hard too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get your own countdown at BlingyBlob.com