Saturday, February 18, 2006

Yucky.

This entry may not be for those who are easily queasy, especially the photos. You’ve been warned… This week I had oral surgery. I had this growth on my cheek that my dentist explained began as a healed area of skin that had at one time been bitten. The healing resulted in a small protrusion. Over time, that small lump got bitten a few more times, each time resulting in it healing a little bigger. Finally, the growth began to get bigger on its own. Over the past month or so it got to be a size that I could no longer avoid as I ate. The growth itself was not painful, just the constant biting of it that would take place as I tried to chew anything in my mouth. So, a referral to an oral surgeon, $475 and a shot and scalpel later and I’m on my road to recovery. I’m four days into post surgery and I’m just about back to feeling back to normal in my mouth. The stitches are just about dissolved. I expect them to be gone by the beginning of next week. Before - Side View Before - Front View After Day 1 After Day 2 Next week I get the results from the lab work that was done on the growth. My dentist and oral surgeon seem to believe there is nothing to be concerned about. Still, I'll feel better once I hear that it was simply a grown, bitten area of cheek. I'll know in four days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get your own countdown at BlingyBlob.com