Thursday, November 20, 2003

Big 'ol Druggie

I’m going to the VH1 Big in ’03 Award Show tonight. Looking forward to it but I know it won’t be able to hold a candle to the awesome VMAs back in August. Still, it’s great to have the opportunity to go to these. In general I find that I’m appreciating life a whole lot more these days. A big thanks goes out to drugs for that; prescription that is. Effexor to be exact. I now understand when people have told me in the past that they can’t accurately verbalize how great they feel on it. I do too. Can’t put it into words but it’s absolutely true. I never would have imagined that I would need to be on anti-depressants but looking back at my family history now, it shouldn’t have surprised me in the least. I guess I just thought I was different than the rest of my family but I now stand corrected. Oh well, not worried about it now – I’ve got my drugs. It’s funny to laugh about it but it’s damn true. My overall attitude has taken on a more “oh well, move on” stance. Very unfamiliar for me but very much welcomed. I’m no longer dwelling on things that once consumed my overworked brain. I’m beginning to be able to focus on issues at more of a distance which I find enables me to resolve them quicker and better. It’s great and I really can’t say enough about it. I wish I would have agreed to do this years ago. That’s all I got for now. I need to wrap up my work day and get on the road. I have a long night ahead of me and I’m glad I’m working from home tomorrow. I’m sure I’ll have some interesting tidbits to spill onto the “page” after the show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get your own countdown at BlingyBlob.com