Sunday, November 16, 2003

Sunday Night

It’s Sunday night and I’m winding down from my weekend. Don’t really want to think about another week that has to begin tomorrow morning. It’s not that I don’t like my job. It’s more so that I’m just bored with working at all. Right now I feel like I’ve lost my career ambitions and that I somehow got myself back to the stage where I simply have a job. Earning a living, paying the bills, putting a little aside for what, I don’t know. Everywhere I turn the general mindset is that we should all consider ourselves fortunate to be working in the first place. Although there is some validity to that thought, unfortunately many companies are taking full advantage of this which in turn perpetuates the masses to continue down that way of living. This whole “economy in bad shape” mode we’re in is really hurting us all in more ways than I think we sometimes stop to consider. A few years ago I would have had no problem with doing something about my boredom at work. Right now though, I am also concerned about the possibility that there may not be anything better out there for me. I don’t want to get all political on a Sunday night so I’m going to change the subject now. This weekend was fun. I started seeing someone very recently who is new to California. Yesterday, I got the opportunity to take her to Disneyland for the very first time. First I should explain that I actually work for Disney and have a pass which allows me and three guests unlimited free entrance to the theme parks. Because of this, I now know the place like the back of my hand. It’s still fun to go but gets really old really fast. Yesterday was different though. It was nice to see it appreciated through the eyes of a new visitor. The park is now decorated for Christmas and is very festive. We went with two other friends of mine who actually grew up in Southern California and are familiar with the park. Kate was snapping photos and taking it all in. A couple of times I found I had to stop myself and remember that she had never been there before as I breezed through the different areas and took some of the views for granted. Kate’s a good photographer so between that and her virgin eyes at the park I’m looking forward to seeing the shots she got. I suppose I had better start wrapping this up and start thinking about calling it a weekend. The good news is I have next weekend to look forward to. I’m Vegas-bound baby! Can not wait! Sometimes I think I live for my Vegas jaunts. This is going to be a fun-ass trip. Okay so maybe this week won’t be so bad after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get your own countdown at BlingyBlob.com