Sunday, May 02, 2004

Suckerrrrrr!

Okay so I joined Netflix and they somehow managed to suck me in. Most of my friends have been using it for a while but I've managed to resist...until now. I saw online that they offered a two week free trial period. So, I signed up and set my calendar to give me two days notice to make sure I cancel in time to not be charged. Sounds easy enough right? Wrong! Have you checked out this service? First of all, I rarely rent movies because inevitably I end up paying some exorbitant fee after I bring them back way later than I should have. With Netflix, you pick your DVDs online and 'boom' in a day or two they are in your hands via the mail. When you're done, you just throw them back in their pre-postaged envelope and off they go. Next, I am astonished by the library of films they have to chose from. Anything you could possibly want is there. From rare documentaries to old foreign films and even a wide array of gay and lesbian movies. You can even rent seasons of TV shows that were put out on DVD. Amazing. So now I have two more days to cancel and I still have around 16 films in my queue online. These are films that I would either never get around to renting or can't ever seem to find them. Damn that Netflix! Maybe I'll keep it for one month. I can cancel at any time. Maybe what I really need to do is stop writing and find out if this company is public! Anyone know their symbol?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get your own countdown at BlingyBlob.com