Sunday, April 18, 2004

Fun Times

I’m watching a movie I tivo’d the other day called Roger Dodger. It started off interesting. Not too many characters but some names, Isabella Rossellini, Campbell Scott, Jennifer Beals and Elizabeth Berkley. Right when it had me though it took a plunge . Too bad. Don’t you hate when you invest enough time in a bad film that you don’t want to walk away then you inevitably end up thinking “why didn’t I just stop watching that shit?” Yeah. Happening right now. Lots of things going on for me lately. It’s great not to be buried in work and now I’m finally filling up my life with things that I either have really wanted to do or getting crap done that I need to do. So what exactly have I been doing? Let’s put this down on “paper” so that I can refer back later on. This is actually a strange time in my life. Yesterday my brother had a small birthday gathering for himself. We all went to see Kill Bill vol. 2. Great film. I really like both of them even though they each have completely different vibes. Afterward, we went to his place. I got him a digital camera for his birthday. Damn thing is nicer than mine! No, I wanted to give him something nice. He’s the best brother anyone could have. Had my third interview with the company that I now know I would like to work for. Still nothing solid but this is not a new thing. I was slowly dragged through nine interviews before I got my last job. I really think this company has a lot of potential. It’s newer but exploding with business and opportunities I want a chance to ride the wave with them. I finally got my final bonus paid out for this last project. The amount taken out in taxes was almost enough to make me throw something across the room. Jesus, I was the one who earned that money! And this time my saying “hard earned money” is by no means just a phrase. I literally worked my ass off for that money and what actually ended up in my bank account is pathetic. What’s even more pathetic is the thought of what that money will be spent on and who will be spending it. Ugh! Can’t talk about that anymore. So I got the database all snazzy now. It’s got all the necessary features, looks sleek, yet will be easy for anyone to open up and use. Only one problem now – it won’t let me enter the data. Yes, anal me went and put all the bells and whistles in and forgot the most basic step – testing the functionality at every move. I’ve pin-pointed the place where the problem showed up. Now I just have to backtrack and fix it. I’ve put that one down for a while. Bought a new PC game, Mafia. Very cool graphics. The setting is the 1930’s and you are a guy working your way up to being made. This game is really well-written. Someone did their homework. The weapons, the dialog, even the cars are all accurate. Funny thing is after playing GTA for so long and cruisin’ in Ferraris, Hummers and on Motorcycles, it’s really hard to control these old jalopies. Luckily the cars chasing you are just as slow and awkward too. Fun game. In between this I’ve been off and on entering my music into my external hard drive. This is going to be a long process but very rewarding once it’s done. And last, Kari is having her CD release party next week. This is definitely going to be something to experience. I feel like I’m a part of this and that’s so cool for me. This is as close as I’ll ever get to such an experience. I was there when the initial talks were taking place, was in the studio, shot footage of the sessions and took pictures, I got to put my two cents in on the design of the CD, my cousin plays on one of the tracks, I was even at the engineer’s house when the final product was put into Kari’s hands. Oh yeah, and I went with her to pick up the first run of CDs, box after box after box. This entire process took over a year to complete. I’m looking forward to being there for the whole “official kickoff” part of it too. I guess that’s about it for now. I want to get back to the 30’s. Hey Vito, where are youse? Go get my machine gun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get your own countdown at BlingyBlob.com