Thursday, April 06, 2006

Vegas-bound with the Team

On my way to Las Vegas. I’m in a bus with about 40 of my colleagues. Here’s what’s happening: Lots of drinking; bus left at 8:15. At 8:30 Jell-O shots were passed out. Next we all got mimosas in a little orange juice bottle. On the DVD player is Office Space – great film. The bus is big enough so that we all have our own row. Tony’s trying to pour Hennessey in his empty water bottle. It’s not working so well. Kali got her purse stolen yesterday at the PitFire Grill. I know every detail because she has told the story not only to everyone on the bus individually but also to about a handful of people on the phone. In fact, if I have to hear this damn story one more time… My first trip to Vegas without you in years. It won’t be the same. I miss our trips. That’s not a metaphor. Will we ever have another? Will we have another road trip at all? Was this all supposed to be a period in my life that is meant to end now? If it is then I know so much less than I thought I did. If it is, then I will never trust my brain and my heart again. I miss you everyday. I need to learn how to live my life without this constant aching. Maybe this trip will be a start. So we're on our way to CTIA to check out the convention and to attend the Disney Mobile kickoff/announcement party. We're staying at Circus Circus, the show is at the Convention Center and the party is at Caesar's Palace. It should all be fun and the fact that it's, for all intents and purposes, a business trip makes it a little easier to be here without you. A little. The one request our President had was that we be present at the party for the entire time. Oh and to also not "overdo" it on the alcohol until afterwards. Apparently Extra will be coving it and there are supposed to be some ABC celebrities present. The entertainment will be a few of the dancers from "Dancing with the Stars" including Lisa Rena. We're thinking Disney is going to do this up good because they want to be the party that gets the buzz at the convention tomorrow. I'll be getting my gambling in somewhere; I have to. I'll probably be hitting the craps table following the party tonight. Press that hard 8 dammit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get your own countdown at BlingyBlob.com