Friday, July 22, 2005

Ah Friday!

Ah Friday, my long lost friend. You don’t come around often enough. Did I do something to upset you? If so, I’m very, very sorry! Please visit me more often! Today I caught up with an old friend from my long ago college days. I met him through one of my roommates but we didn’t actually go to the same school. I was at SDSU and he was going to UCSD. Really cool guy and I found out today that he owns a place in San Diego but works in LA during the week. He rents a room from his sister who lives just a few blocks away from my new place. He also told me that my old roommate just got engaged and he and his fiancé own a house not too far from us as well. The more I think about it, the more I realize that maybe this entire shift in my life is happening for a reason. I’ve lived in LA for over 10 years now. 8 of those were spent in West Hollywood and I did a short 2 year stint in Silverlake. So, in all this time I never really got to know the valley. Now all of the sudden I’ll be working and living in North Hollywood. I knew a lot of people from LA before I ever moved here. I used to spend vacations down here every year when I still lived in the Bay Area. But the friends I knew who lived in the valley, I’m a little ashamed to say, sort of faded into the shadows as I made my life over the hill. The worst part of this is that I worked in Burbank for 5 years and I still didn’t make the effort to see them. Maybe now my life is meant to be here and to get reacquainted with these friends of mine. It’ll be great to catch up on their lives and to share mine with them. I’m a firm believer that everything happens for a reason and I’ve had my share of evidence of this. I drove by my place yesterday at lunch to see exactly how far it is from work. I’m determined to buy a bike and ride to and from work. After all, I never seem to have time to get to the gym anymore so I figure a half hour each way should at least give me some exercise. Five more weeks! I get antsier as it gets closer. I’m rocking in my chair right now as I write about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get your own countdown at BlingyBlob.com