Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Gotta Have 'Dem Gadgets

Today is Wednesday and halfway through my second week of my new job. It’s getting challenging and I’ve been enjoying every minute of it. Everyone I work with is great. Most are new to Disney. For the first time in years, my direct report is male. I’ve pretty much come to the conclusion that he’s gay, which is interesting. I’ve never worked for anyone gay before; not that it should matter, but let’s be honest – it somehow does. There are many gay men in this group, which also surprised me since they all have come from different companies, most from out of state, within the telecommunications area. So far, haven’t met any lesbians. Five and half weeks left of escrow. Why is it that it seemed to take no time at all for me to wrap up my job and start this one but it’s taking an eternity for escrow to close? It was hotter than hell in Vegas last weekend. I heard 117 degrees. So hot in fact that the air conditioning in my car refused to work. Kari and I didn’t have a lot of luck gambling this time but that’s OK. We discovered a new Fry’s and had some fun there. It’s a Vegas themed Fry’s, of course. We both inevitably bought some geek electronics for our computers. She spent time looking at PCs and I at the TVs. I’m set on the Plasma once I settle in to my new place. Gotta have the big screen in the living room for PlayStation3! Can’t wait to get my Tivo and DirecTV back too. God, I miss our quarterly jaunts to the PC fair! All right well I have to get ready for my next meeting. Let’s see, the next discussion is on basic mobile phone service account information to be followed by service order information. Ugh, my poor brain…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get your own countdown at BlingyBlob.com