Monday, July 04, 2005

Happy 4th! Yeah, Whatever.

This three day weekend I mixed a lot of hard work and play time. I'm exhausted and the fireworks haven't even started yet. Hell, at this point, I don't even know if I'll still be awake by the time they go off. I’ve also been painfully reminded of how out of shape and older I am getting. My back is sore and my muscles are aching. Laura's renters decided to move out of her townhouse rather abruptly. So this weekend I helped her get the place ready to lease again. It's ready enough to show now but there's still work to be done. Painting, yard work, scrubbing kitchen appliances, that is what my 4th of July holiday weekend consisted of for the most part. I also went to two pool party/barbeques; one in LaVerne and the other in Sherman Oaks. Both were fun for different reasons but they were a little strange too. A really good friend of mine recently went through a breakup. One party was hosted by the ex and the other was attended by my friend. It was a little awkward to talk about plans over the weekend to both of them but everything ended up fine in the end. The food, weather and company were great at both parties. Overall, I guess I should look at this as a well-balanced weekend. Tomorrow I begin my last week at my job. I have feelings all over the board on this. I’ll have to see how my emotions unfold over the next few days. It’ll be great to start a new page in my career; way too overdue. Last, the lingering escrow. Eight more weeks. Eight more long weeks of living out of a suitcase. I am so tired of driving around with all my shit in my car and lugging it in and out of different friend’s places. I will never appreciate sleeping alone in my very own bed more than I will once I am settled in my new home. I can’t help but picture isolating myself for about the first month once I’m in but I know I’ll want my friends and family to see it. I guess that’s about it for now. I’m going to relax and pick up where I left off with the second season of The Sheild that I borrowed from Kari. Amazing, amazing show. After that, it’s beddie-bye time for Monica. My head is going to hit that pillow hard tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get your own countdown at BlingyBlob.com