Tuesday, June 21, 2005

10 Weeks and Counting

Today is the first day that I actually am “feeling” this sense of relief that should have technically kicked in almost a week ago. Got the job I really wanted, along with a nice bump in salary which I had not really anticipated. The condo sale is moving right along nicely with little to no snags so far. My mortgage broker said to me this is the payoff I’m entitled to after having to deal with all the shit I’ve had thrown my way over the past several months. Really, it could have been worse but it still is not a period in my life I would like to relive. So what now? Well, first of all I’m now in furniture buying mode. This is a little premature considering I still have 10 more weeks of escrow but hey, I say let me have some fun for a change! There are a couple of pieces that I have to buy and a lot more that I just want to. You know, for fun… because I can dammit. I’ve waited long enough to have nice things after having to limit myself while living with the slob of the world. Hell no was I going to spend cash on stuff that would be abused by a roommate who didn’t care about even his own things; that is unless it had to do with wine or women. Neither of which are bad things to care about but nonetheless. Next, I need a damn vacation! I need to do some diving. The green felt and dice have been calling my name for months now. Monica…. We miss you… don’t you want in on the hard 8? I’m way overdue. I love me some LA but once in a while you just gotta get out of town and explore. Or, in my case, in the water with the fishys and in the smoke-filled room where one day blends into the next. Kind of interesting how I just now realized the similarities here. Both unpredictable ventures. You never, ever know what you’ll come upon or what you’ll walk (or swim) away with. Both are a gamble and can easily allow you to lose track of time. Well, the latter could be a lot more dangerous when your tank gauge suddenly is in the red. Hmm, speaking of ending up in the red… No, let’s not go there. It’s time for some more good luck at the tables too. Well, for now it’s a waiting game. It seems as though over and over again life is nothing but a waiting game. I guess in the end what matters is what you do with your time while you wait. Hey wait a minute! I didn’t mean this to be a philosophical entry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get your own countdown at BlingyBlob.com