Tuesday, January 27, 2004

My Outlined Life

Wow lot’s of time has passed since my last entry and lot’s has happened too. Stuff going on: 1. Went to a hockey game (Anaheim Mighty Ducks vs. Detroit Redwings). The game went into overtime and ended with a tying score. 2. I’m putting a Murder Mystery Game together this weekend to celebrate my 37th birthday. It’s not a special year but for some reason 37 just seems like an odd number. Whatever, just another year closer to 40, I guess. Anyway, I’ve always wanted to do one of these games so I thought it was a good idea. We’ll see. 3. It looks like I might become a consultant after this job ends. I won’t write too much about this yet as there really isn’t a whole lot more to say at this point. 4. I started drinking again after 10 months of sobriety. Actually I began back in October but that was only one or two times. I needed the time away from it but I am enjoying my precious wine again. Missed that. 5. Kari’s CD is done and ready to mass market. I really think her time is here and I can’t wait to see what will come of this. I still have a mental picture of me standing in the rain trying to convince some big burly security guy that I really do know her and never getting to see her after some big sold out show. 6. My brother seems to be happy with his new job. I hope he is able to settle in here as it sounds like a great opportunity for him. He could really use a good year for a change. 7. My ex’s best friend died. She called me to talk. It’s really been a long time since she’s shown me any emotion. I opened up to her a while back too. I never really thought she and I could be friends but always knew we would hold a place in each other’s lives; especially since we still share our dogs. It’s been 3 ½ years since our breakup and maybe it’s time to be more real with each other. 8. I found out I really should have given Kate more credit than I did. Enough said about that in this format. 9. My cable modem died and I was disconnected for 3 whole days! Talk about torture. I had to use dial-up. Me! Can you believe that shit! As of today, I have a brand new modem and I’m hi-speeding it once again. 10. I don’t really have a “10” but it seemed weird to end with “9”. Ok the next time I don’t think I have anything to write, I’ll refer to this list and expand upon these details. Overall, life is pretty good for the moment. I’d like to not be my usual self and for a change just sit back, coast and enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get your own countdown at BlingyBlob.com