Friday, January 30, 2004

Happy Birthday to Me

Today is my birthday. I think it’s really true when people say that the older you get the quicker they seem to come. Yesterday I was sitting at my desk and someone walked by and wished me a happy birthday. I swear I could remember the exact same setting from last year. It seemed like it had just happened. Very strange. This year my birthday is on a weekend. The last time this happened was the first year I was living in LA. I had just come out of the closet and I told my friends that all I wanted for my birthday was for all of them to go to Girl Bar with me. At the time, it was my weekend hangout. So there they all were. My brother, my cousin, my best friends from high school and new friends I had made since my move, just 9 months prior. I had a great time and was very touched that they agreed to come. I felt like it was a turning point in my life. Since my birthday is in January, and it happens to be the beginning of each new year, it always seems to take on a sort of “what will my life be like this year” feeling. With everything going on in my life right now I really feel like this is going to be a good year for me. There will be some changes I expect, mainly in my career and more than likely in my income. What’s most important though is for the first time in a very long time I really feel like I’m ready to handle anything that may come my way. Good, bad or even mundane I feel like I’m in a position to deal with any situation in a healthy manner. It feels good just to feel confident in this realization. I guess what I should take from today is that I’m genuinely eager to experience what life has in store for me in my 37th year of living.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get your own countdown at BlingyBlob.com