Monday, May 01, 2006

Random Thoughts In Flight

Another month has passed this year. 2006 is flying by and yet so much has happened in four short months. I’m coming home tonight. In three hours I’ll be back in your eyes. Alarm sounds, one more Monday begins. This trip was cathartic. I needed it very badly. The mystique has been lifted and I feel better. I did it on my terms. Maybe that spine fracture has finally set right this time. I will continue on. I’ve much to learn still and yet my life is almost certainly half lived. I am much too smart to need to learn lessons twice, let alone three times. I’ve been watching the final season of Six Feet Under. I’m not sure I like that all these past characters are conveniently showing up. I hope there ends up being a reason for this. I’ve watched and loved this show from the series premiere. It is much too complex to be allowed to wrap up so neatly. My other most favorite show is not turning out to be the excitement that I had hoped for. Broken promises once again. This week will go slowly with my sidekick on vacation. Sometimes I think he came along in just the nick of time. How easily we found that common thread even though few would or will ever know it. If there’s one thing I can say that is good coming out of all of this pain it is what has grown between the two of us. He gets it, I get it. I know we are not the only ones; just two ‘lucky’ saps. Perhaps someday the others will. If so, my whole-hearted empathy will go out to them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get your own countdown at BlingyBlob.com