Sunday, April 16, 2006

Worker Bee

Been putting in way too many work hours and way too little sleep. I expected the work, just not another bout of insomnia. I guess it’s my dues after decades of being able to sleep too easily. We’re launched, well at least semi-launched. Lots of expected bugs to iron out and I hope this can happen before we are forced into our full-scale launch. Somewhere along the way my career took a sharp turn into the world of special projects. One after another of implementations and I can’t remember the last time I just had a job where I came in to a routine scenario. I’m not complaining, at least yet. I’m on my toes constantly though and I think there comes a time when I need a break, aside from taking vacation time; more so a period when I come into work knowing what to expect and leaving with a day’s worth of work accomplished. I don’t really remember what that’s like anymore. I recently joined a professional networking online site and quickly got connected to people I’ve worked with over the past twenty years. What I discovered is a pattern of former co-workers who remember me as being a hard worker. That was me, once upon a time. Much has changed about my work ethic over the years. I still take pride in my work, it’s just not the thing that defines me as a person anymore. I’m glad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get your own countdown at BlingyBlob.com