Friday, April 28, 2006

It's Going to be a Bumpy Ride

The first thing that made me chuckle out loud was the ice scraper in the passenger seat of the rental car. Yep, I was sure not in LA anymore. I’m now sitting in a Denny’s somewhere off of Highway 94 and I’ve already noticed how overly friendly everyone is. There’s a sign I read meant for the staff. It reads “Please don’t forget to separate your dishes.” I only worked in the food industry as a server once. Regardless, in no job can I remember seeing such a polite request posted by management. There is one huge expectation I have for this visit and I have yet to encounter it. It is now 8:00 AM and I’ve been on solid ground in Detroit for almost two hours. Not too much time but I’ve probably spoken with more people than I usually do in the first two hours of any morning. Where is the accent??? More later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get your own countdown at BlingyBlob.com