Thursday, December 29, 2005

Can We Turn the Calendar Page Already?!?

So another Christmas is behind us. This year it really seemed to come and go faster than usual. This was the first Christmas that my whole family has been together in a long time. I have missed my annual picture with my brothers and I’m happy we were all together again. My little niece Megan is walking and talking; she’s a year and a half. I’ve never been a kid person but there really is something to be said about it being your own family. Still wouldn’t have wanted my own but my focus for the day was that cute little tiny girl. I never thought I’d see the day that one of my brothers was a father. David is great with her and she sure loves her Daddy. Wendy now stays at home with her so they are very close as well. I’m glad they decided to do that. It’ll pay off big later on. Overall it was a good Christmas but I’m really looking forward to starting a new year. This one is one that I’d rather put behind me and I don’t think it’ll be one that I’ll be referencing too much in the future. So, here is my list of Goods and Bads for the year 2005. Pros - After years and years of saving, hoping and waiting I finally purchased my first home. - I started a new job and finally got the hell out of Corporate Disney. - By coincidence I work 10 minutes away from home. That’s a first! - I’m living by myself for the first time. - My relationship was put to the ultimate test. - I logged more diving. (Wish it was more.) - I had no major ailments this year. - My family is healthy and seemingly happy. - I got to see my niece twice this year. - My dogs are still with me and healthy. - The dogs saw snow for the first time. - My Dad came to LA for a visit. - I finally paid off my stupid IRS audit from the year 2000. (Well, at least at the Federal level…) - Pokey got through his surgery and is doing well in his old age. - I made some new friends. Cons - I lost my Grandfather, my last grandparent. - I lost my uncle, my Dad’s brother. - I moved out of West Hollywood. (I miss it terribly.) - I was homeless for six long months. - My relationship was put to the ultimate test. - I didn’t get to spend as much time with my brother as I’m used to spending. - I’m poor! (One of the thrills of being a homeowner.) - For the first time in years I have a running balance on my credit cards. (I need to fix that fast!) - Halen had surgery for the first time. (He’s ok though.) - I still haven’t met Lisa’s daughter. - I still can’t seem to get back to the gym. - My brother lost his hamsters. - The five month escrow from hell. - The strain from the four-plex fallout. - Dan moved away. - Sundays at the Spoon came to an end. - Bush is still the acting President. I reserve the right to add to this. In the end, 2005 is coming to a close rapidly and in an upward swing. I really do look forward to what 2006 has in store and that in itself is good. There were years when I couldn’t care less. I think I’m in a good place in my life and my one big hope is that during this final year in my thirties life starts to finally settle in and make some sort of sense again. In other words I hope that I at least can get a glimpse of what I might have in my life that I can count on for the long haul. If that were to happen, I wouldn’t have much left to battle in my head. Maybe then I could also start thinking about getting off meds. In the meantime, I’m going to enjoy the ride as much as I can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get your own countdown at BlingyBlob.com