Thursday, November 24, 2005

4 In The Morning, Came Without A Warning...

It's actually 4:30 AM Saturday morning but the subject title took me back to high school as it sang in my mind. Most will have absolutely no idea what I'm referring to. But, if you do, impress me. One of the things I’ve missed about being by myself I forgot. Can’t sleep; too much on my mind. I don’t have to keep trying, which makes it worse anyway. Sit up, boot up the laptop, and away I go. This is a luxury I've forgotten about. I feel very empty inside right now. Something I’ve felt for a while but thought it was my lack of privacy. It’s not. I guess so much has changed in my life that I’m trying to find my place again. It really has been a long while since I didn’t know my neighborhood. It’s not a bad thing, I just seem to have misplaced my footing. You are awake right now, alone and in pain. I feel useless in my ability to lend you comfort. Always know that I am there, no matter where you are. I always have been, always will be. I’m going to suffer tomorrow in my absence of rest. I will be glad it is Saturday. I put in 12 hours at work today. Got very close to completing a very important task. Monday I will have to sign my name to indicate the work I am responsible for at this juncture in the project is completed. I’ve been involved in many projects at various jobs but never at a level where I’m actually signing legal documentation that could potentially put my head on the chopping block should something fail. Not really something I’m comfortable with although I don’t know why. After all, I would not sign to begin with if I did not truly believe what I was signing. Maybe all of the sudden now that I have a mortgage my perspective on job security has shifted. I hate that. God my mind is going a mile a minute. I’d take a sleeping pill but it’s way too late into the night for that now. I got a brand new Tivo box today that is going to cost me nothing. Best Buy (ah my true weakness!) is having a sale where you buy a DirecTV/Tivo box for $99.99 and you get a mail-in rebate of $100! Can’t beat that. The only reason I was even looking was because my box is so old that it doesn’t have a USB connection in the back. I picked up a USB wireless card tonight so that I could rig it in place of having a landline for service. My DirecTV got set up on Thursday but no Tivo because no home phone to dial in. Fuck them! I refuse to get one. Totally ridiculous in this day and age! My trusty LJ Tivo community gave me just the information I need to set it up via the Web, and wireless at that! Adelphia will come back for a second time tomorrow to replace the cable from the root leading to my unit. The connection is very weak right now and will not give me a strong enough internet connection. This time, I’m going wireless all the way through the house. Picked up a wireless PC card today too. I’m sick of all the damn cords I always seem to end up having around my house. As soon as Verizon gets off their ass and starts offering more Bluetooth units, I’ll junk my wired earpiece too. Speaking of that, when will Verizon get around to offering WiFi for PCs? As a longtime customer, I so would be into going that route instead of Adelphia. Now that I think of it, what’s up with Verizon and their lack of innovative technology? Ok, now I’m really geeking out. I need to shut my brain off. It’s going to be one of those weekends…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get your own countdown at BlingyBlob.com