Monday, October 10, 2005

Ho Hum Life

Been busy trying to make my house look like home. It’s been fun but exhausting. Work has been extremely busy too. Rewarding but challenging. I guess all-in-all, life is good right now. My dogs made their first appearance in their new second home. Picked them up from the ex yesterday. Brought them home and they immediately did their investigation of the premises, nose style. It passed the test, I think. I just bought an area rug that they seem to have taken over. I still need a coffee table and once I get it, there will be less rug for them to lie on. I am a little concerned about Jez since she is 9 and the rest of the place is hardwood flooring. Both of them are slipping and sliding at the moment. I’m sure they’ll get the hang of it, just like I’ll have to get used to the constant clicking of 40 dog nails as they follow me through the house. Right now, not so fun though. I also bought them two nice new beds. Big, poofy, warm bean bag-like balls that conform to their bodies. I could not for the life of me coax them on but of course once I get in bed, they immediately curl up on their own and drift off to sleep. Damn dogs! So I guess my life sounds a little mundane at the moment. Mundane is good! I’ve missed mundane. In two weeks my Dad comes to visit to be directly followed by Carmen coming into town for the Halloween bash. And, in between all of this I will be dog-sitting Keiko, my Mom’s Shiba, Jez’s daughter and Halen’s sister. I’m going to savor mundane for now…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get your own countdown at BlingyBlob.com