Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy Anniversary!

Today is my 4th anniversary of being a vegetarian. Other than one shrimp incident that first December in Orlando, I have not eaten meat since the 4th of July, 2002. That day I spent the holiday at my house barbequing in my backyard. I set a special table outside. We had bbq Boca burgers, my special homemade quacamole and fake bacon strips. All the fixin’s along with chips and probably beer. I made the conscious decision that day and never turned back. As the years go by I appreciate my choice more and more. I recently started watching this show on the National Geographic channel called ‘Hunter and Hunted’. It’s about animals that are mysteriously and mostly suddenly hunting humans. In every case I’ve seen so far, the explanation has been that humans have been overly developing the land that once was that animal’s. It makes me sad. I don’t see that changing in the long run in favor of the animals. Today I will eat my 4th of July bbq Boca burger and feel good that I am still a vegetarian.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get your own countdown at BlingyBlob.com